Volunteer/Intern Peer Recovery Specialists
Are you interested in making a difference in people's lives?
We are seeking interns! Interns must be willing to commit to a minimum of two, 4-hour shifts per week Volunteers receive extensive training and the opportunity to use these hours toward their certification process in Iowa for the Peer Recovery Specialist.
Interns needed for our respite house, 24/7 support line, and recovery center. Interns will respond to calls, emails and written correspondence from individuals looking for support, assisting in groups, and conversations at the respite house. Information on supports, treatment options, recovery strategies, other programs, and support group information as well as the opportunity to speak with someone who understands and cares.
- A student or professional of mental health, and someone with "lived," personal experience with a mental health condition and recovery either as a person living with mental illness or as someone caring for a loved one experiencing a mental health condition.
- Demonstrated respect and compassion for people affected by mental health conditions with desire to help others facing mental health challenges.
- Demonstrated initiative, problem solving skills and resourcefulness for assessing needs and finding correct information and possible solutions in timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with a respectful, empathetic style
- Demonstrated reliability, professionalism, and punctuality.
- Must be willing to identify as a person in recovery from mental health or substance recovery to be able to take the state training.
For more information and to submit your resume contact: